The importance of communication

Original - 

"Developing excellent communication skills is absolutely essential to effective

leadership. The leader must be able to share knowledge and ideas to transmit a

sense of urgency and enthusiasm to others. If a leader can't get a message across

clearly and motivate others to act on it, then having a message doesn't even

matter."

Gilbert Amelio, former President and CEO of National Semiconductor Corp


Summary - 

According to Gilberto Amelio, former President and CEO of National Semiconductor Corp, effective leadership involve motivating others, sharing knowledge and ideas, and instilling a sense of urgency and enthusiasm in others. Failing to do so makes having a message pointless. Therefore,  excellent communication skills are essential to effective leadership.


Personal Opinion -

Personally, I agree with Gilbert Amelio's sentiment on the value of communication for leadership. But even more so for day-to-day life. However, I also believe that having a message of any kind is valuable whether the message gets across or not.

Comments

  1. Excellent structuring - this allows me to read and understand your points without any need for clarification.
    I spotted one grammatical error, the use of the sentence "But even more so for day-to-day life". I would replace the full stop prior to this sentence with a comma and remove the "but". The sentence seems to be a fragmented sentence if left alone.
    Simple and straight to the point, thank you for the quick read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Reflection: Self-intro letter

The section I contributed to the tech report

Critical Reflection